One of the most valuable assets you have as a leader is your time.
The same goes for your Team, your colleagues, your family, and for that matter, your entire social network. As such, we need to give it the same level of attention as we do to the myriad of other things we do in our lives.
Here are a number of positive action steps for you to choose from to help you regain control of your time.
I suggest you review the following, and select five or six of these steps a week and include at least one in your Daily Planner List.
Think about what it means to accomplish this step in your mastering of time. Another idea, is to keep track of where your time kind of slips away on you over the next couple weeks. You might be surprised…maybe even horrified.
Preoccupation … Alertness … Energizing
1. Set up a systematic program for reading
2. Double your speed of reading
3. Read a book like a newspaper
4. Do one thing at a time
5. Always have a high priority job with you for when you have unexpected free time
6. Keep a writing pad accessible. Draw pictures/diagrams as you explain a point to visitors
7. Replace writing letters longhand with a dictating machine
8. Dictate letters into a machine instead of directly to a secretary
9. If possible, move your home closer to work, or work closer to home, to reduce commuting time
10. Instead of bringing two or three individuals in from different parts of the country for a brief meeting, set up a “conference call”
Remember, time is our friend – not our enemy. Use it wisely.
Stay tuned, I will provide a few more productivity tips in the coming weeks.
Combining Vision and Innovation to Create the Future
© Rich Kohler 2017. All rights reserved. For copies, please contact Rich at firstname.lastname@example.org.